Monday, April 2, 2012

Top 15 Things I Learned from Reading The Hunger Games


1. I can read books without pictures very fast.

2. My son does not like being neglected.

3. Suzanne Collins hates coal dust.

4. Child violence is way more exciting than spell casting or Vampire hunting.

5. I can literally weep over the death of a fictional character.

6. Distopian societies are the pits especially for those on the fringe.

7. Any simile involving a dead slug is a great simile.

8. Cake decorators are naturals at the art of camouflage.

9. One-eyed squirrels have more meat on them, than squirrels with both eyes intact.

10. You can sleep much better strapping yourself into a tree during the first night of the Hunger Games than you can on a comfortable bed the day before the Hunger Games begin.

 11. Bowhunting and snare rigging sound much cooler when girls do it.

12. Iodine is still the most archaic way to purify water for drinking.

13. Tracker Jackers probably have a love/hate relationship with smoke.

14. Never put your explosives and your survival supplies in the same vicinity.

15. Cornucopias can and do incite dread. Thanksgiving will never be the same again.

3 comments:

  1. Virginia WasserbergApril 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM

    I didn't read the book, but we saw the movie. This post made me and Jesse both laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting closer to reading this trilogy, but I'm too cheap to buy it for my Nook. I guess I'll risk the paper cuts and head to the local library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great read, jason. Worth every penny of a library rental, or an e-book. only 5 dollars on amazon. i'd loan it to you but i've already loaned out my copy.

    ReplyDelete